Utah Point Berth Project
The Utah Point Berth Project (UPBP) at Port Hedland involved the development of a common user bulk export facility primarily to serve the mining industry in the Pilbara. Managed by the Port Hedland Port Authority, the UPBP will facilitate the development of a number of emerging commodities producers in the Pilbara region of Western Australia as well as providing a new facility for existing Port Hedland exporters.
The UPBP is located within the Port Hedland Harbour and involved the development of a common user bulk export facility to accommodate annual commodity exports of up to 20MTPA. The UPBP comprised the construction of:
- Multi user stockyard facility at Utah Point for truck dumped ore handling
- Overland conveyer system from stockyard to shiploader
- Material sampling facility
- New wharf at Utah Point to accommodate vessels up to small cape size (120,000 DWT)
- New multi product shiploader designed for a loading rate of up to 7,500T/Hr.
Scope of Work
Goodline were contracted to execute the structural, mechanical and piping packages associated with the Port Facility Development. The following scope was executed by Goodline:
Construction of an ore handling network from stockyard to shiploader featuring 6 conveyors
- The installation of 5 transfer stations
- Mechanical commissioning and initial operation support.
Port Hedland Port Authority
Year of Completion
Utah Point, Port Hedland, WA