Nelson Point Sample Stations
Installation of Iron Ore Materials Handling Infrastructure at BHP’s Nelson Point as a component of the Inner Harbour Expansion Project.
The Nelson Point sample stations collect in-process samples of iron ore prior to ship loading. The project required the removal of existing unreliable sample stations and replacing them with new ones. This enabled sampling to be compliant with international standards. The works on this package encompasses SMP and E&I works.
Scope of Work
Goodline's scope of work included:
- Installation of Trusses & Conveyors
- Modular Steel Installation
- Demolition of Existing Infrastructure
- Installation of 2 x WAIO Gen 3 Sample Stations
- Complete 2 x major shutdowns to demolish existing sample stations and tie in existing
- Full vertical package of demolition, civils, SMP, E&I and commissioning
Year of Completion
Port Hedland, WA