MSF Sugar Green Energy Power Plant
MSF Sugar engaged Thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions Australia to construct a new 24 MW co-generation plant to be installed at their existing Tableland Mill in North Queensland to generate steam and electrical power for sugar mill operations for 8-9 months of the year.
Goodline were engaged to construct a new high efficiency steam boiler including new 24MW turbine, feed conveyors, chimney stack, water treatment plant and HV readiness activities for connection to the grid for exporting of generated electricity.
Scope of Work
Goodline completed the civil, structural, piping and electrical works including:
- Over 1400m3 of civil foundations including tensioned rock-bolted anchors and turbine foundation.
- Turbine foundation completed in single pour with custom mix concrete to improve strength and longevity of foundation as required for blast protection in event of turbine failure in future.
- Power generation turbine with steam supply
- Turbine and Alternator (combined weight 135t) were installed with use of heavy lift-n-lock rail mounted gantry system.
- Construction of steam boiler including travelling grate feeder for bagasse and high efficiency pre-heater units, and Electrostatic Precipitator (ESP) to remove ash particles form flue system prior to existing through stack.
- The boiler itself involved over 3,500 individual butt welds with accompanying 100% Radiography Testing at a pass rate of over 99%. A significant number of welds also required post weld heat treatment.
- Working at height risk mitigating methodology allowed for boiler tube welds completed on ground and then lifted in modularised sections to build the boiler. Lifts ranged from 25 – 65t in capacity for each sections.
- Bagasse feed and return conveyors
- Air and flue gas ducting
- Economisers/air pre-heaters
- Electrical and Instrumentation including installation of modularised switch room (65t modules) and on-site commissioning.
MSF Sugar / Thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions Australia
Civil, SMP, Electrical
Year of Completion