Bechtel Rio Tinto Amrun Project - Stockyards
The Rio Tinto Amrun Project was a greenfield bauxite operation in Weipa. The new development replaced the existing East Weipa mine centre.
Goodline was awarded the Civil, SMP and E&I for the Stockyard Package T027 including:
- Facility 2510 – Product Conveying Circuit
- Facility 2610 – Product Stacking Circuit
- Facility 4210 – Reclaimer Circuit
- Facility 3150 – Area Lighting
- Facility 4210 – Facility 3370 – Communications
- Facility 3150 – Facility 3910 – Substations
Scope of Work
- Installation and placement of 1000m3 concrete which included bored piers low level module foundations, drive stations and transfer towers.
- Installation of 500t structural steel which included yard conveyor (galleries, low level & mid level modules) transfer station steel, walkways, handrails and plate work.
- 30km of electrical network (HV, LV and fibre) for the site including installation of transformers and substations.
- 500lm of piping network for process and potable water.
Bechtel / Rio Tinto Aluminum
Year of Completion