Roy Hill Port Facility - Materials Handling Infrastructure
The Roy Hill Project was the construction of a new mine, rail and port facility designed to produce 55 MT of iron ore per annum.
Scope of Work
Goodline’s scope included SMPE&I Construction & Commissioning of:
- Three 2km long Conveyors
- Feed Conveyor with Tripper
- Three Transfer Stations
- Two 1200T Stackers
- One 2400T Bucket Wheel Reclaimer (largest in Australia)
- Four Switchrooms
SMPE&I Works include:
- Above ground electrical and instrumentation works including installation of switchrooms, cable pulling, terminations and testing.
- Trenching, underground electrical conduits, cables and earthworks.
- Installation of structural modules up to 380T including dual crane lifts with 500T Crawler and 350T Crawler.
- Installation of all mechanical equipment including devices, chutes, pulleys, idlers, retractable skirts dust hoods and drives.
- Alignment, fitting and welding of raw water and fire water steel and HDPE pipelines.
- Management, safety, quality assurance, document control, scheduling, reporting, procurement and commissioning handover
Samsung C & T
Year of Completion
Port Hedland, WA