Santos GLNG Project Roma Phase 2a SMP E&I Install
The Santos GLNG Project is a US$18.5 billion pioneering venture to convert coal seam natural gas (CSG) to liquefied natural gas (LNG) for export to global markets. The project involves the development of gas fields in the Bowen and Surat Basins, the construction of a 420 kilometre underground gas transmission pipeline to Gladstone and a two-train LNG processing facility on Curtis Island in Gladstone.
This contract was for the expansion of the existing structural, Mechanical, Piping, Electrical and Instrumentation (SMPE&I) facilities within the Roma Hub R-HCS-02 as part of the early works component of the Roma West Phase 2a project. The purpose was to deliver additional gas compression capacity and to provide HV power to the gathering networks in order to increase delivery capacity at Hub 2.
Scope of Work
- Overseeing the fabrication and delivery of structural steel for piping racks.
- Installation of structural steel and piping and connect to existing systems.
- Alignment, fitting and welding of Class 1 Pipe. Including bolt torqueing to specs.
- NDT and Hydro testing of piping.
- Trenching and installation of underground electrical cables.
- Installation of cable trays.
- Above ground electrical, instrumentation and Hazardous Area specific work.
- Appropriate quality verification documentation as per Santos requirements.
- Management, safety, document control, scheduling, procurement and commissioning handover. (7200 page QA doc handed over 1 day after CVC).
Santos - Fluor
Year of Completion
Roma West, Qld